09. August 1998- We go online!
10. August 1998- Many of you emailed to advise of several small
errors. These have been fixed. Also, some complained that the
Nature and Cave Images thumbnail pages took too long to load. All
images on these pages have been replaced with much smaller thumbnails.
The pages should load much faster. Also, on the Cave Page. Added the Updates
11. August 1998- I forgot to upload the Updates page,
so I uploaded it. Duhhhhh....
12. August 1998- Smaller thumbnails in the Celestial page
for faster downloading (thanks Robert!)
13. August 1998- Updated links page, corrected some speling
18. August 1998- Added additional technical information
concerning the PixCel 237 on the Fastar page, as related by Michael Barber
of SBIG. Also fixed problem with images on the Observatory page.
21. August 1998- Added three new images to the Celestial page.
Had a great night last night...
01. September 1998- Several minor changes in file names.
11. September 1998- Added several more images to the Observatory
page showing some recent work there.
12. September 1998- Added three more images to the Celestial
page (before Francis moves in). Also added a new link in the Celestial
page showing when images were added to the site by date.
21. September 1998- New construction on the observatory
is highlighted on the Observatory page. We have walls! Also,
several new addresses were added to the Links page.
25. September 1998- Well, the observatory is coming along nicely.
Added a few more pictures of the construction.
29. September 1998- Celestron.com will soon add several links
to this site. Those linked pages were slightly modified.
04. October 1998- The observatory nears completion! I
added several new images of the building.
10. October 1998- More observatory images.
12. October 1998- New sites added to the Links page.
19. October 1998- Updated and reworded the Celestial, Observatory,
and Fastar/PixCel 237 pages to reflect new equipment additions. Also
added a page profiling the AstroPhysics 900 GTO mount.
25. October 1998- Added more observatory images. More
celestial images soon, I promise!
08. November 1998- The Observatory is completed, and the Astro-Physics
AP900 is online! I added a page about the AP900 with technical information
and photos. Naturally, it is raining!
14. November 1998- More information about the AP900,
and a few more observatory shots.
16. November 1998-
After a two month hiatus, the AP900 is on line, working, and cranking out
some new shots. The seeing was not too good (still a lot of smoke
from nearby tobacco barns--arrgh!) but all systems are nominal. If
only I could get rid of the 10,000 Ladybugs that have taken up residence
in my observatory!
17. November 1998- Make that about a million Ladybugs!
More images added this date.
18. November 1998- Updated IC342 galaxy image. Better
SN, but worse stellar diameters.
22. November 1998- Many new images added to the Celestial
23. November 1998- Added the Rosette Nebula and IC-443 to the
27. November 1998- Added the Crescent and Veil Nebula to the
Celestial Page. The moon was half full, but the CCD camera saw right
through the muck!
09. December 1998- Catastrophe strikes Darklight Observatory!
See the Fastar Page for details... No new images for awhile :-(
28. December 1998- Chris
Lasley was kind enough to do a bit of a remix of my home page imagery,
and the results can plainly be seen in this update. No new stellar
images yet. Still waiting on the return of my repaired Fastar from
Celestron. Looks like $450.00 will make her as good as new.
No matter. It has been cloudy since the disaster anyway...
Oh, and a few new sites were added to the links page.
30. December 1998- Added A Night at Darklight
Observatory page, and a bibliography.
03. January 1999- Made changes to the Celestial Page.
I have attempted to make this page load properly under Microsoft IE.
Also made some text and orientation changes to some celestial images.
11. January 1999- Added a graph showing the tracking accuracy
of the AP900 mount. Also, the Fastar OTA will be back from the hospital
25. January 1999- First new images since the Fastar Disastar.
She's better than before. Added many new images to the Celestial
05. February 1999- New images added to the Celestial Page, including
Abell 21, the Cone Nebula, and an updated IC342.
14. February 1999- More images added to the Celestial Page,
including a redo of IC 443, and NGC 2419. I also completed by first
attempt at mosaics, with the Rosette Nebula.
19. February 1999- Added two more frames to the Rosette Nebula
mosaic, and remixed it.
20. February 1999- Added two additional frames to the Rosette
mosaic. Looks like this image may continue to grow...
13. March 1999- Added my first LRGB image of M42. Preparing
to move to a new domain, so lots of new construction going on...
16. March 1999- We move to a new domain, www.darklightimagery.net!
17. March 1999- Added two new LRGB images, IC443 and IC405.
22. March 1999- More LRGB imagery, M 51, M 81, Cone Nebula,
and M 97..
01. July 1999- Well the OTA has been at Celestron for
fine tuning for some time, and has arrived back safe and sound. New
images will hopefully begin rolling off the chip soon! Also, added
a few new sites to my links page.
04. July 1999- First new image from the repaired FOTA.
I just uploaded B72, The Snake Nebula. I have a few more to process,
but I liked this one so much I am posting it ahead of the others.
Check back in a few days...
05. July 1999- Added a few more images, including LRGB versions
of the Veil Nebula and the Eagle Nebula. More to follow tomorrow.
08. July. 1999- Well, I finally did it. I fell asleep
on the observatory floor and awoke to dawn! Never heard the alarm
go off when the last image set finished. Anyway, I am uploading a
mosaic and LRGB of the Lagoon, and the Helix in LRGB. After I get
some sleep, I'll post process the rest...
10. July 1999- After seeing Pin Chung's LRGB image of the Cocoon,
I decided to see if I could follow his lead.
15. July 1999- In a procedure suggested by Larry Denmark, I
reprocessed my Helix LRGB to increase color signal.
16. July 1999- Resurrected an old LRGB set of the Horsehead
Nebula, and updated the L and RGB images of M16.
31. July 1999- Added new Fastar Users Links Page. Tomorrow
night looks to be clear....
03. August 1999- Well I blew a whole night on one image
set, that of vdB 142 in IC 1396.
11. August 1999- One new image of NGC 6559 added. More
12. August 1999- Heavily post processed an experimental image
of the obscured galaxy Dwingeloo 1.
16. August 1999- Added several new images including an Andromeda
Galaxy mosaic and an updated M16 LRGB.
21. August 1999- Forgot all about the NGC 6589 set I imaged.
Added this nebulous region to the site.
23. August 1999- Waited for 2 am and the setting Moon
to go out and do some imaging. Added an LRGB of the Bubble Nebula.
01. September 1999- While awaiting the birth of our son,
Sagan Maxwell, I decided to resurrect an old mosaic image set of the Great
Nebula in Orion. After about six hours of labor (and laboring with
the image set) it came together!
02. September 1999- Added the RGB set to the M 42 Mosaic.
14. September 1999- Spent all night on this image set of the
Cocoon Nebula, updating my previous version.
16. September 1999- Added one of my best LRGB files so far,
06. February 2000- Added several new cave images to the gallery,
and restructured the celestial imagery galleries.
10. February 2000- Reworked the Nature and Cave Imagery
galleries, adding location and exposure data.
12. February 2000- Added new cave
images from Camps Gulf Cave, TN, et al.
27. February 2000- Added 28 new cave images to CAVES2.
29. February 2000- Added Nature2
and Nature3 galleries.
26. March 2000- Added a special Camps
Gulf Cave gallery section.
13. April 2000- Added a new Nature4
01. May 2000- Added the Cumberland
07. January 2001- Added the Nature
Imagery Gallery 5.
19. January 2001- Added the Nature Imagery
01. May 2001- Added a new Camps
Gulf Gallery, including never-before-seen images of a newly discovered
cave chamber located near Camps.
05. November 2001- New Rumbling Falls Gallery at http://www.darklightimagery.net/RFC/thumbs.html.
06. November 2001- New aurora images at http://www.darklightimagery.net/aurora/main.html
31. December 2001- Added new images to the Rumbling
09. February 2002- New Rumbling Falls Images add to the Rumbling